Online Payments Page
Make it easy for your customers to pay you by credit card by having a secure online payments page on your own website.
How it works:
- you send your customer a link to your SSL protected payments page e.g. yoursite.com/payments
- they enter the amount they want to pay, their reference (perhaps an invoice number) and their email address for receipt
- your credit card processing fee is added and displayed (optional) to reflect your actual cost of processing
- they enter their credit card details securely (SSL protection)
- their credit card payment is processed, and you receive the funds to your online account
- your customer gets a receipt emailed to them
- you get a notification you’ve received a payment online
Your website needs to have SSL protection to use this facility
Online Payment Account
To use the online payments page, you need to have an online payments account with either Stripe or PayPal. Both of these systems allow you to accept payments from Visa, MasterCard or Amex cards:
- Stripe: 1.75% + 0.30 for local transactions, 2.9% + 0.30 for international (see
- PayPal: 2.6% + 0.30 for local transactions, 3.6% + 0.30 for international ( see PayPal Fees)
With Stripe, funds are transferred to your linked bank account on an automated 7 day cycle. With PayPal, you transfer your funds to your linked bank account as required.
Note if using Stripe you may elect to have customer credit card details securely stored after the transaction has processed, details can be accessed via your Stripe login.