Have you thought about adding gift vouchers to your Store?
When to Offer Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be a lifesaver for customers needing a gift, and not confident of the best selection to make. You know the deal, your customer buys a voucher for a pre-selected amount and the recipient spends it at a later date.
What you may not know is that gift vouchers can now offer much more than an easy product option for customers.
When you choose the gift voucher add-on from WooCommerce you open a world of promotional and marketing possibilities for your store.
Create gift vouchers for particular products, or product bundles, that you want to promote.
Seasonal Gift Campaigns
The Chocolate Factory at Margaret River did just that with a seasonal campaign for Easter. They bundled three themed Easter ‘kits’. Shoppers bought a voucher for the kit of choice; added a personal message and then a beautifully designed PDF version of the voucher was emailed to the lucky recipient, or printed and given in person. You can take a closer look at the Chocolate Factory’s approach here.
When the recipient was ready to use their voucher, they could choose the product bundle nominated, or put the value of the voucher towards another product.
Warramunda Estate Wines have two brands and offer a choice of voucher designs depending on which wine brand you love. You can see Warramunda Estate’s approach here.
Loyal customers enjoy sharing your products with their networks, and gift vouchers offer a focused opportunity to introduce your business to friends.
This year particularly customers have bought gift vouchers to support their favourite businesses during difficult shutdown periods.
Gift Vouchers used by Interstate and International Customers
Online gift giving has always been convenient for interstate and international customers, and now we see that convenience appreciated by local customers who may feel more reluctant to enter crowded places like shopping centres.
Getting Started with Your Own Gift Voucher Campaign
Gift vouchers work for a wide range of products. Here’s one way to promote your business:
- Pick an event that is relevant to you
- Create a product or bundle of products that will appeal to your customers
- Promote the event gift voucher through your client email, client newsletter, Google Ads and social media
OM4 is an Australian based web agency that helps you find customers and convert online. We specialise in creating custom designed WordPress and WooCommerce websites that our clients can update themselves. So you get to express your brand without being tied down to the constraints of a template, but you can still update your own content using a state of the art page builder. We develop plugins, so we know our way around code. Interested? We'd love you to get in touch.
Eliminate manual, repetitive WooCommerce tasks with Zapier by automatically connecting your order, customer, subscription or product data to thousands of popular cloud services.
- How To Speed Up Your WooCommerce Order Processing
- Integrating WooCommerce with the Cloud using Zapier
- Get Pay-Per-Click Advertising To Work For Your WooCommerce Store
- Our New WooCommerce Order Management Plugin
- Boost Your WooCommerce Store’s Conversion Rate
- Launch Your Online Store With Your Best Sellers
- WooCommerce Geolocation and WP Engine
- Using the WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping Plugin
- Using DeepEtch to manage WooCommerce product images
- Here’s How To Increase Online Store Profit and Efficiency
- Shipping Heavy or Bulky Products Using WooCommerce
- Include A Blog In Your WooCommerce Store Design