Using FeedBurner? Your FeedBurner account must be migrated to Google by 28/2/2009
If you are using FeedBurner, you need to follow the steps below by 28th February 2009.
Why do I need to do this?
In 2007, FeedBurner was acquired by Google. As a result, all FeedBurner accounts must be transferred to a Google Account.
The transfer process is quite simple (see below). Google also has posted a FAQ on the subject.
Not sure if you’re using FeedBurner?
- Log into your website’s dashboard (http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/).
- Navigate to Appearance, then Site Design.
- Scroll down to the “Feedburner Feed Address” field.
If this field is empty, then you’re not using FeedBurner so this post doesn’t apply to you.
If the field has a http://feeds.feedburner.com address in it, you need to perform the following steps.
- Log into Feedburner by visiting http://www.feedburner.com/. You should see a screen like this:
- Click “Move my account now”. You should then see a screen like this:
- Select either “Sign in to an existing Google Account” or “Create a new Google Account”.
- Either log in to your existing Google account, or create a new Google account. You should then see a screen like this:
- Review the confirmation page and click “Move feeds”.
- Wait for your feed(s) to be moved. For small accounts, this process may only take a minute or so. For larger accounts, this process may take several hours.
You can close your browser window while the move occurs – you will receive an email when the process is complete.
- Once you receive an email from Google confirming that the move is complete, you will notice that your feed URL(s) have changed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/x to http://feeds2.feedburner.com/x.
- For each of the URLs listed in your email, log into your website’s dashboard, then go to Appearance -> Site Design, then change your “Feedburner Feed Address” to the new http://feeds2.feedburner.com address.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
- Your website will now be using your new FeedBurner feed address.
- In future, to access your FeedBurner account, visit http://feedburner.google.com.
OM4 is an Australian based web agency that helps you find customers and convert online. We specialise in creating custom designed WordPress and WooCommerce websites that our clients can update themselves. So you get to express your brand without being tied down to the constraints of a template, but you can still update your own content using a state of the art page builder. We develop plugins, so we know our way around code. Interested? We'd love you to get in touch.