Using the Feature Article plugin
A blog will often accumulate a lot of great posts in the archives, and you may want to find ways to feature them.
The Feature Articles sidebar widget that lets you:
- put together a set of feature articles, with a short snippet and link for each
- display a randomly selected article from the set each time a visitor loads a page
To see it in action, have a look at the Stories of Eye Loss in the sidebar of Paul and Jenny’s website.
How to use:
- Login to your Dashboard, go to Plugins and activate the Feature Articles plugin
- Go to Manage, Feature Articles and create article snippets and links. Give them a common category to create groups of articles.
- Go to Design, Site Design and drag the widget into your sidebar. Enter the category of articles you want displayed.
Your feature articles can come from your website, or from another. You can include images in your article snippets, just make sure they aren’t wider than your sidebar.
This plugin was developed by James and derived from Jodi Diehl’s excellent WP-Testimonials plugin.
OM4 is an Australian based web agency that helps you find customers and convert online. We specialise in creating custom designed WordPress and WooCommerce websites that our clients can update themselves. So you get to express your brand without being tied down to the constraints of a template, but you can still update your own content using a state of the art page builder. We develop plugins, so we know our way around code. Interested? We'd love you to get in touch.
Eliminate manual, repetitive WooCommerce tasks with Zapier by automatically connecting your order, customer, subscription or product data to thousands of popular cloud services.
- Boost Your WooCommerce Store’s Conversion Rate
- A Great Photo Opportunity For NT Tourism Operators
- Shipping Heavy or Bulky Products Using WooCommerce
- Improving Sales with Live Chat and Online Credit Card Payments
- WooCommerce, Deliverability and Transactional Email Integration
- Get Pay-Per-Click Advertising To Work For Your WooCommerce Store
- Six Critical Issues for Your WooCommerce Store
- Using Conversio with Physical Products and Deferred Payments
- Setting Up Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking in WooCommerce
- Stripe vs PayPal Payments
- Preventing Errors In WooCommerce Order Fulfilment
- Integrating WooCommerce with the Cloud using Zapier