Preparing Images for the Web Part 2
Part 2: Detailed Conversion
Detailed sRGB Conversion Instructions – Photoshop CS4
Open Image in photoshop
Click Edit -> Convert to Profile…
The current profile is listed in the “Source Space” field.
Change the “Destination Space” to sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Now save the image using either of these methods
1. Use the File -> Save As option to save the image as a JPEG, ensuring the ICC profile checkbox is ticked:
2. Use the File -> Save for Web & Devices option, using a JPEG preset:
Sizing images for the web
Once you have mastered color profiles you can pay attention to file sizing, specifically the dimensions of the image file and the size of the image file.
Metadata is stored about images in EXIF, IPTC and XMP formats. If you are a photographer or want to find out more about metadata you should read this article: WordPress and EXIF, IPTC and XMP Metadata in Images
OM4 is an Australian based web agency that helps you find customers and convert online. We specialise in creating custom designed WordPress and WooCommerce websites that our clients can update themselves. So you get to express your brand without being tied down to the constraints of a template, but you can still update your own content using a state of the art page builder. We develop plugins, so we know our way around code. Interested? We'd love you to get in touch.
Eliminate manual, repetitive WooCommerce tasks with Zapier by automatically connecting your order, customer, subscription or product data to thousands of popular cloud services.
- A Great Photo Opportunity For NT Tourism Operators
- Launch Your Online Store With Your Best Sellers
- Real Time Training For WooCommerce Order Fulfilment Staff
- Should Your WooCommerce Store Have a Blog?
- How To Speed Up Your WooCommerce Order Processing
- Boost Your WooCommerce Store’s Conversion Rate
- Shipping, Returns & Privacy Policies in WooCommerce
- Setting Up Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking in WooCommerce
- Six Critical Issues for Your WooCommerce Store
- A Designer’s Guide To WooCommerce
- Automate your WooCommerce Store with Zapier
- Let’s Look Inside a WooCommerce Store