Getting visitors to your WooCommerce store is a start, but converting visits into enquiries or sales is often the more important task. Work in this specific area is referred to as Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO).
For eCommerce websites in particular, there is a growing body of information that can help you get more orders online.
One of the basic principles for improving WooCommerce store conversion rate is to remove barriers to buying.
Barriers to buying can come about in many ways. It might be hard to understand what products are for sale. It could be that the products might be well understood, but visitors can’t find them easily because the website navigation is too confusing.
Visitors might want to buy but have concerns that haven’t been answered. These might apply to areas of security, privacy, shipping costs/times or refund policy.
Visitors might not want to share as much information as you are asking for.
There could be unnecessary elements on your cart or checkout pages that distract people during the checkout and payment process.
Here are some articles we recommend. They look at the different factors that make up eCommerce conversion. They will help you spot issues with your own WooCommerce store website and resolve them.
- Australian eCommerce Conversion Rates: Gap Between Good and Average Widens
- 5 Effective eCommerce Product Pages
- Reduce Your Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate by 30%
- Top 5 Things to Test in eCommerce Websites
- Increasing Online Sales – Simple Usability Problems to Avoid
- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimisation Blog
- Making your eCommerce Site Convert (interview with Khalid Saleh of Invesp)
- Six Deadly Mistakes of Web Page Testing
- 10 Ways to Encourage Prospects to Take Action
- Copyblogger: Landing Pages Resource Page
- Roberta Rosenberg’s Landing Page Makeover: Lunchsense.com
- Smashing Magazine: State of eCommerce Checkout Design 2012
Other WooCommerce Extensions by OM4
- Using the WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping Plugin
- WooCommerce, Deliverability and Transactional Email Integration
- Shipping Heavy or Bulky Products Using WooCommerce
- Using Conversio with Physical Products and Deferred Payments
- Real Time Training For WooCommerce Order Fulfilment Staff
- Get Pay-Per-Click Advertising To Work For Your WooCommerce Store
- Here’s a Password Tool For Your WooCommerce Store
- Take A Holiday From Your WooCommerce Store
- WooCommerce Geolocation and WP Engine
- A Great Photo Opportunity For NT Tourism Operators
- How To Plan Your WooCommerce Store
- Should Your WooCommerce Store Have a Blog?
Enter your details below to receive our latest WooCommerce articles via email.
It's a great way for WooCommerce store owners and WooCommerce developers to stay informed about everything WooCommerce related!