Getting visitors to your WooCommerce store is a start, but converting visits into enquiries or sales is often the more important task. Work in this specific area is referred to as Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO).
For eCommerce websites in particular, there is a growing body of information that can help you get more orders online.
One of the basic principles for improving WooCommerce store conversion rate is to remove barriers to buying.
Barriers to buying can come about in many ways. It might be hard to understand what products are for sale. It could be that the products might be well understood, but visitors can’t find them easily because the website navigation is too confusing.
Visitors might want to buy but have concerns that haven’t been answered. These might apply to areas of security, privacy, shipping costs/times or refund policy.
Visitors might not want to share as much information as you are asking for.
There could be unnecessary elements on your cart or checkout pages that distract people during the checkout and payment process.
Here are some articles we recommend. They look at the different factors that make up eCommerce conversion. They will help you spot issues with your own WooCommerce store website and resolve them.
- Australian eCommerce Conversion Rates: Gap Between Good and Average Widens
- 5 Effective eCommerce Product Pages
- Reduce Your Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate by 30%
- Top 5 Things to Test in eCommerce Websites
- Increasing Online Sales – Simple Usability Problems to Avoid
- Invesp Conversion Rate Optimisation Blog
- Making your eCommerce Site Convert (interview with Khalid Saleh of Invesp)
- Six Deadly Mistakes of Web Page Testing
- 10 Ways to Encourage Prospects to Take Action
- Copyblogger: Landing Pages Resource Page
- Roberta Rosenberg’s Landing Page Makeover: Lunchsense.com
- Smashing Magazine: State of eCommerce Checkout Design 2012
Other WooCommerce Extensions by OM4
- WordPress and WooCommerce Basics Explained
- Preventing Errors In WooCommerce Order Fulfilment
- Launch Your Online Store With Your Best Sellers
- WooCommerce Plugins for Stripe and PayPal
- Setting Up Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking in WooCommerce
- How To Speed Up Your WooCommerce Order Processing
- A Great Photo Opportunity For NT Tourism Operators
- Using DeepEtch to manage WooCommerce product images
- Improving Sales with Live Chat and Online Credit Card Payments
- WooCommerce Geolocation and WP Engine
- Our New WooCommerce Order Management Plugin
- Let’s Look Inside a WooCommerce Store
Enter your details below to receive our latest WooCommerce articles via email.
It's a great way for WooCommerce store owners and WooCommerce developers to stay informed about everything WooCommerce related!