Welcome to OM4.
This page provides resources for Graphic Designers using the OM4 platform.
Using OM4 means you can focus on design and leave the heavy lifting of web development and system administration to us. Using OM4:
- you work with your client to develop the website design – your client, your relationship, your fee
- you develop the website content yourself or work with your chosen content partner
- using OM4 you can create development websites in minutes, apply your PSDs to achieve the look you want and update the site to go live. You can do all this yourself by following our instructions, or you can get us to help you with some key tasks on a fixed price basis.
- your client benefits from having a website where they can update their own content and add new content whenever they want, using the popular WordPress interface
- once the site goes live you or the client pays our monthly hosting, administration and support fee. We keep the site hosted, monitored and apply updates/patches to the WordPress to keep it up to date.
Other than our monthly hosting, administration and support fee for production websites, there are no other fees or commissions required to use the OM4 platform.
Your clients have direct access to OM4 support forums and educational resources. Or you can manage client support and education yourself.
Designers do not need to pay anything to start using the OM4 platform.
Designers can create development websites at no charge. A standard monthly hosting fee is payable once a site goes live.
Designers may operate their own design portfolio website using the OM4 platform without paying a hosting fee. This allows designers to learn how to use the OM4 platform. Examples of designer portfolio sites include Tracy Graffin and Forge Creative.
For designers and other business partners using our platform we have prepared a set of How To articles: How To for Business Partners.
If you have a project you need to get moving with quickly, we have two services that allow you to engage us to help you go live rapidly:
- PSD to WordPress: you prepare the website design in Photoshop, we take the design, create your new website and implement the design ready for content (pages and posts) to be added. You or your client can do the content, or you can get us to quote for OM4 to do the content as well as implementing the design. PSD to WordPress Service.
- Go Live: when the client has reviewed the design and content and is ready to flick the switch to go live, we go through a standard checklist of tasks to publish the website to its domain. You can follow our checklist yourself, or you can hire us to do the work for you. Go Live Service
Designer Show and Tell
From time to time we ask designers who are using the OM4 platform to share information about their recent projects. If you’d like to join this mailing list, please opt in here:
OM4 Designer Show and Tell Email List.
Like to try out the platform? Send a note using the contact form below and we can set you up with a test site.